You have no items in your shopping cart.
REVIEW YOUR FORM
View and analyse important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
HOW IT WORKS
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
• Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined)
• Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage, for example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
• Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
• Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimetres for each step.
• Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage, a lower number typically indicates better running form.
• Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
|Name||Garmin Dynamics Pod|
|In the box||Running Dynamics Pod Manuals|
|Physical dimensions||37.6 x 23.2 x 19.2 mm|
|Display size, WxH||No|
|Display resolution, WxH||No|
|Battery||One replaceable CR1632 coin cell|
|Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)||No|
|Virtual Pacer™ (compares current pace to target)||No|
|V02 max estimate||No|
|Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)||No|
|Compatible with Vector™||No|
|Multiple bike profiles||No|
|Bike speed/cadence sensor||No|
|Heart rate monitor||No|
|Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person)||No|
|Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities)||No|
|Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)||No|
|Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)||No|
|Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button)||No|
|Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press)||No|
|Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)||No|
|Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)||No|
|Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)||No|
|Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)||No|
|Heart rate-based calorie computation||No|
|Calculates calories burned||No|
|Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)||No|
|Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters)||No|
|Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)||No|
|Stroke type identification (e.g. freestyle)||No|
|Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)||No|
|Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)||No|
|Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)||No|
|Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)||No|
|Garmin Connect™ compatible||No|