You have no items in your shopping cart.
Some of the highlights are:
Hiking and MTB trails:
• Wannabees Somerbosch Mountain Bike Trail updated
• Mountain bike trails and POI’s added in Oakhurst farm
National parks, game reserves and protected areas:
• Blaauberg Private Game Reserve added
• Kwantu Private Game Reserve added
• Tracks and new POIs added around Hardap Game Park
• New POIs added in Chobe National Park
• New POIs added in Nossob
• Added Zandkraal Private Nature Reserve
• All towns in South Africa updated with services that are available in preparation for the new South Africa paper map
• Outjo street names added and updated
• Port St. Johns street names added and updated
• Chizumuli Island & Likoma Island tracks updated and ferry from Nkhata Bay added including two backpacker lodges of the islands
• Zanzibar tracks added and updated including various new accommodations options
• Pearson Park Resort on the banks of the Sundays River was updated
• Mount D’Urban Campsite added in Namibia
• New POIs added in Victoria Falls
• The Grove Mall updated
• Aub Guest House in Mariental added
• Nkasa Lupala Tented Lodge updated
• New POIs added in Katima Mulilo
• Road surface conditions updated in South-West Zambia
• New secondary and minor roads added throughout Zimbabwe
• Mariental street names added and updated
• Kwazulu-Natal minor route names added and road conditions updated
• Road names in Elgin Valley updated
• Kenya major route names updated
• New tracks and POIs added to South Western Madagascar
Map usage improvements:
• Western Cape region of T4A split into two new regions i.e. Western Cape Metro & Western Cape Surrounds, seeing as the maps grew in size.
• ...and much much more
T4A GPS Maps is a highly detailed fully routable map of Africa for self-drive tourists as well as for overlanders who want to explore remote places in Africa. We also cater for the average outdoors person who enjoys hiking, fishing, birding, mountain biking and 4x4 trails.
Key map statistics:
• 1 260 211km of roads and detailed tourist coverage
• 161 920 points of interest including 4 139 camp sites,
15 390 accommodation listings, 6 411 places to eat/drink
and 11 041 fuel stations
• 2 360 parks and reserves covered in detail
Detailed street coverage for Southern and Eastern Africa is now included but street numbers are not available.
The entire African continent is covered in high detail except for the less-travelled areas where information and track data is moderately detailed or where only overland routes and little infrastructure are available.
T4A GPS Maps are for compatible Garmin GPS units.
The maps are NOT compatible with TomTomTM or other GPS brands, Android or iOS devices, and will NOT work in iGO or other vehicle built-in navigation systems (contact the relevant motor dealer for that manufacturerís OEM upgrade availability).
To receive a free upgrade to version 19.05 please go to https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za to register your 18.10 version before 30 June 2019 (the free upgrade will be emailed as a download link directly from T4A after the next version is released). Thereafter registered clients will receive 50% discounts on all future upgrades (please contact T4A directly).
For assistance with technical questions, registration or advice on any of our products please contact our office MON to FRI
(021) 880 8660
Other PRODUCTS from TRACKS4AFRICA:
SOUTHERN AFRICA ATLAS
This Atlas covers ten countries in Southern Africa and is specifically aimed at self-drive travellers: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Atlas features 101 map pages with the same trusted map detail for which Tracks4Africa is renowned.
We have used different map scales in this Atlas: South Africa, Lesotho and part of Swaziland are on a 1:500 000 scale; the remainder of Swaziland, Mozambique, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia are on a 1:1000 000 scale; most of Angola is on a 1:4000 000 scale.
To complement the Atlas we also offer a canvas cover with enough extra space to hold a few maps.
The Paper Maps are designed to be used in conjunction with the T4A GPS Maps. They are the largest available maps of Botswana, Mozambique & Malawi, Namibia, and South Africa on a 1:1 000 000 scale, offering the perfect trip planning tool for your next holiday.
These maps are probably the first comprehensive country maps in the world offering travel time information for the entire road network be it on tar, gravel or sand.
• Travel times and distances included on the map
• Detailed information on camp sites and attractions
• Large 1:1 000 000 scale with shaded relief included as background
• Comprehensive set of roads and tracks in Parks and Reserves
• Border crossings with opening and closing times
• Printed on durable 90gsm PolyArt paper which is water and tear resistant
SELF-DRIVE GUIDE BOOKS
What is new in Edition 2
The format has changed from A5 to A4, the content has been fully revised, and a few extras have been added including suggested itineraries and a new atlas section featuring detailed maps of each country.
These books are the combined experiences of a whole community of travellers and are specifically aimed at selfdrive travellers. If you are a self-drive tourist, there are five things that you need to know when you are on the road: where to sleep, where to get fuel, what to see and do, where to buy supplies, and where to go in case of an emergency.
Content covered in these books includes: general information about each country; safety and precaution; trip planning; navigation; preparing your vehicle for overland travel; communication; border post red tape; veterinary fences; health; pitfalls to renting a 4x4 with camping equipment; things you should not go without.
|Product Type||Plug & Navigate microSD / SD Card|
|Compatibility||Garmin GPS - Mapsource or BaseCamp required|
|Points of Interest (POI)||156 753|
|Roads||1 117 780 km|
|GPS Map Size||0|
|Publication Date||October 2016|