You have no items in your shopping cart.
Some of the highlights are:
4WD, Hiking and MTB trails
• Ga-Ma 4WD trail added
• Schoongezicht farm hiking trail added
National parks, game reserves and protected areas
• Access roads added to Zingela Nature Reserve in SA
• New tracks added in Queen Elizabeth National Park
• Added POIs and leading tracks in Mpanga Forest Reserve in Uganda
• Jembisa Game Farm and tracks added
• New tracks added for Mangetti National Park in Namibia
• New tracks added in Damaraland, Namibia
• Entebbe Road was changed to double lanes in Kampala
• New roads & POIs in Lobatse and Gaborone
• Puros Canyon Campsite added in Namibia
• Added Towerkraaltjie Caravan Park near Ladismith
• Roads north of Karatina town in Kenya added
• Mokoro Lodge added in Maun
• New POis added for Baardskeerdersbos
• Kleinfontein Camp & Self-Catering added in the Cederberg
• Street name updates for Durban neighbourhoods
• Roads added and street names updated in Vleesbaai, Western Cape
• Road surface updates around Katima Mulilio
• Thaba Moia Safari Centre Hotel & Campsites added, Limpopo
• New POIs & street names updated in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
• Anchorage Mall added in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
• Oromukaudi Community Campsite added, Kaokoland
• Road surface updates in Uganda
• Nabugabo Sand Beach Resort & Campsite added
• Teeni Meer Self-Catering & Campsite added on the Shores of Chrissiesmeer, South Africa
• Bottlierskop Village added, South Africa
• ...and much much more
T4A GPS Maps is a highly detailed fully routable map of Africa for self-drive tourists as well as for overlanders who want to explore remote places in Africa. We also cater for the average outdoors person who enjoys hiking, fishing, birding, mountain biking and 4x4 trails.
Key map statistics:
• 1 288 890km of roads and detailed tourist coverage
• 163 546 points of interest including 4 087 camp sites, 15 435 accommodation listings, 6 441 places to eat/drink and 10 845 fuel stations
• 2 366 parks and reserves covered in detail
Detailed street coverage for Southern and Eastern Africa is now included but street numbers are not available.
The entire African continent is covered in high detail except for the less-travelled areas where information and track data is moderately detailed or where only overland routes and little infrastructure are available.
T4A GPS Maps are for compatible Garmin GPS units.
The maps are NOT compatible with TomTomTM or other GPS brands, Android or iOS devices, and will NOT work in iGO or vehicle built-in navigation systems (contact the relevant motor dealer for that manufacturer’s OEM upgrade availability).
To receive a free upgrade to version 19.10 please go to https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za to register your 19.05 version before 31 November 2019 (the free upgrade will be emailed as a download link directly from T4A after the next version is released). Thereafter registered clients will receive 50% discounts on all future upgrades (please contact T4A directly).
For assistance with technical questions, registration or advice on any of our products please contact our office (MON to FRI)
(021) 880 8660
Other PRODUCTS from TRACKS4AFRICA
SOUTHERN AFRICA ATLAS
This Atlas covers ten countries in Southern Africa and is specifically aimed at self-drive travellers: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Atlas features 101 map pages with the same trusted map detail for which Tracks4Africa is renowned.
We have used different map scales in this Atlas: South Africa, Lesotho and part of Swaziland are on a 1:500 000 scale; the remainder of Swaziland, Mozambique, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia are on a 1:1 000 000 scale; most of Angola is on a 1:4 000 000 scale.
To complement the Atlas we also offer a canvas cover with enough extra space to hold a few maps.
The Paper Maps are designed to be used in conjunction with the T4A GPS Maps. They are the largest available maps of Botswana, Mozambique & Malawi, Namibia, and South Africa on a 1:1 000 000 scale, offering the perfect trip planning tool for your next holiday.
These maps are probably the first comprehensive country maps in the world offering travel time information for the entire road network be it on tar, gravel or sand.
• Travel times and distances included on the map
• Detailed information on camp sites and attractions
• Large 1:1 000 000 scale with shaded relief included as background
• Comprehensive set of roads and tracks in Parks and Reserves
• Border crossings with opening and closing times
• Printed on durable 90gsm PolyArt paper which is water and tear resistant
SELF-DRIVE GUIDE BOOKS
What is new in EDITION 2
The format has changed from A5 to A4, the content has been fully revised, and a few extras have been added including suggested itineraries and a new atlas section featuring detailed maps of each country.
These books are the combined experiences of a whole community of travellers and are specifically aimed at self-drive travellers. If you are a self-drive tourist, there are five things that you need to know when you are on the road: where to sleep, where to get fuel, what to see and do, where to buy supplies, and where to go in case of an emergency.
Content covered in these books includes: general information about each country; safety and precaution; trip planning; navigation; preparing your vehicle for overland travel; communication; border post red tape; veterinary fences; health; pitfalls to renting a 4x4 with camping equipment; things you should not go without.
|Product Type||Plug & Navigate microSD / SD Card|
|Compatibility||Garmin GPS - Mapsource or BaseCamp required|
|Points of Interest (POI)||163 546|
|Roads||1 288 890 km|
|GPS Map Size||0|
|Publication Date||May 2019|